Customer Insights Specialist II
- Sep 23, 2016 Post Date
- 1600007973 Requisition #
Functions as a consumer insight consultant to key business partners – seeking first to understand their business needs in relation to corporate strategy, then recommend an approach to facilitate success through deeper insights and understanding of consumer, shopper and market dynamics.
Contributes to establishing learning plans, clear objectives and deliverables with a focus on actionable strategies and insights to support advancing the respective departments and overall Meijer business.
Participates in and contributes to strategic brand/business/category assessments and planning.
Helps to manage and inform ongoing trend watching and consumer perception tracking studies.
Fosters effective project management including day-to-day relationship with internal customers and suppliers, to ensure highest standards of the department, including the project is within budget and schedule parameters.
Is proficient in the design, analysis, interpretation and application of consumer insights and learning – including contextual understanding, statistical significance, causal relationships and any caveats for using findings for decision making.
Partners with Meijer vendor partners and their consumer insights groups to develop cohesive research projects to drive relevancy, sales and market share for the business.
As needed, prepare bids/SOW’s, facilitate contracts and ensure the best and most effective completion for work to be performed by external suppliers.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred.
- 4-7 years’ experience as a team member or working independently in CPG, retail or a research/analytics supplier or agency with focus on Business Intelligence, Market research, Statistics, Innovation, Branding or Marketing.
- Comfortable tailoring communications to different audiences and communicating to multiple stakeholders: brand leadership, cross-functional team members, agency and retail partners, etc.
- Proven collaboration, consulting, planning and project management skills
- Effective leadership and creative problem solving skills
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- Imaginative, enthusiastic and courageous, comfortable with change
- Ability to develop clear, comprehensive and solution driven presentations based on analysis of qualitative as well as quantitative data.
- Proven experience in technical, creative and business writing ability, as well as excellent presentation skills.
- Advanced computer skills with Microsoft office applications. Experience with advanced analytics tools such as SPSS or SAS preferred. Ability to learn company systems and tools required.
- Understanding of a wide array of research methods – including, but not limited to, focus groups, surveys, panels, online diaries, polls, shop-alongs, store intercepts, ideation, NPD, shelf testing, store format evaluation
- Understanding of advances in consumer insight techniques, mathematical modeling techniques and data visualization approaches
- Strong base of analytical skills to assess, interpret and translate from multiple data sources into actionable shopper/category insights
- Experience with category management best practices, syndicated volumetric, internal pricing/sales and advertising/marketing data a plus